OSHER@Dartmouth courses are led by dedicated volunteers who have passion for and knowledge of a subject and want to share that passion with others. Without our dedicated instructors, OSHER@Dartmouth would not exist.
Meet Our Study Leaders
All Osher Study Leaders have an online biography. Meet your course leader before class starts!
Current Study Leader Information
- September 7 - November 20, 2020
- Course proposals due: May 1, 2020
- Maximum of 8 sessions.
- January 11 - March 12, 2021
- Course proposals due: September 9, 2020
- Maximum of 6 sessions.
- April 5, 2021 – June 4, 2021
- Course Proposals due: November 2, 2020
Documents & Guides
- Study Leader Handbook - an overview of all the OSHER@Dartmouth procedures and how you, as a Study Leader, can prepare and lead a course.
- Requested Courses - list of subjects members have suggested.
- Advice from veteran Study Leaders about all the questions you may have about your course.
- Please reflect on your experience teaching. Share your comments and suggestions for the benefit of future Study Leaders and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Dartmouth course improvements.
Become a Study Leader
OSHER@Dartmouth courses are led by dedicated volunteers who have passion for and knowledge of a subject and want to share that passion with others. Without our dedicated instructors, OSHER@Dartmouth would not exist. Please consider offering a course during any of our four terms, either on your favorite subject, or one of the subjects listed below.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa King or call (603) 646-0154.
Benefits of Being a Study Leader
- Access to all Dartmouth College libraries and borrowing privileges
- Receiving a voucher to take a free course with OSHER@Dartmouth for leading a course
- Free training exclusively for Study Leaders various times throughout the year
- Work with a supportive staff that will assist during preparation of your course and throughout the course
- Mentors and seasoned Study Leaders available to assist offer advice
- Curriculum Committee available to assist with designing course descriptions for catalog
- Special recognition