Winter Term 2024
January 8 - March 29, 2024
Click the image above to view the catalog.
Registration is open!
Need help navigating the catalog? This video may help.
The video below provides a general overview of the registration process. You can build a 'wish list' of courses you'd like to take; this may save you some time once registration is open. The wish list section begins at around the 5:50 minute mark in the video.
Winter 2024 Courses
- Paul Etkind - The Current Pandemic of Pseudoscience, Mis-Information, and Dis-Information
- Jürgen Ewert - My Life in the German-Soviet Satellite State
- Rick Hutchins - Issues of Our Times: Frank Discussions
- Inge Brown - Geological Wonders of the Earth
- Peter Graves - The History of American Skiing
- Marc Smith - The Curious Minds of Transcendentalists
- Lynne A Miller - The Thoroughbred: More Than Just a Racehorse
- Stephen Flanders - Four Films By Akira Kurosawa With a Companion Film Inspired by Each
- Thomas S Hodgson - Only a Game?: An Inquiry Into the Significance of Sports
- Lee Webster - Green Funerals: Separating Fact From Fiction
- Annie Ross - Svaroopa® Yoga - Gentle, Deep and Profound (Sect. 1)
- Clare Innes - Intro to Ukulele—Tiptoe Into the Joy of Making Music
- Iain Sim - Andrew Carnegie: Rags to Riches and Beyond
- Edward Bradley - Homer’s Iliad, translation by Richmond Lattimore
- Mark McNamee - It’s Your Brain: An Introduction to Neuroscience
- DeWitt Mallary - Islamic Prayer Rugs
- Terrance Darcey - More Short Fiction From The New Yorker Archive
- Ellen Bettmann - Racism in 2024: Do the Work!
- Anne Shivas - The Golden Treasury of Scottish Verse
- Alan Perper - American Civics 101+ - A Crash Course!
- Jim Bays - Marbury v. Madison: The Untold Story
- Marilyn Roberts - Shakespeare’s Twin Plays: Romeo and Juliet & A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Kaushal Trivedi - Improve Memory with Mental Mathematics
- Bruce James - The Global Water Paradox: Scarcity Amid Abundance
- Alice Schori & Lynnwood Andrews - Winter Botany
- Tom Urgo - Science Fiction; Science Fantasy; Science Fact
- Stella Lackore & Mark Nelson - Introduction to Hildegard Von Bingen (1098-1179)
- Ellen Jonsson - Creative Photography 2
- Bill Sullivan - U.S. Foreign Intelligence: From George Washington to the Present Day
- John Peterman - Ball of Fire: The Outrageous Early Films of Barbara Stanwyck, 1933-1944
- Tom Wilson - Our National Parks
- Ford Daley - The Big Band Era
- Annie Ross - Svaroopa® Yoga - Gentle, Deep and Profound (Sect. 2)
- Elayne Clift - Pictures, Poems, and Prose: An Ekphrastic Experience
- Dennis Kato - Imprisoned Without Trial: The Japanese Internment in WWII
- Gloria Finkelstein - Active French: Fun French Musical Jukebox
- Barnes Boffey & Jeremy Cutler - Useful Tools for Difficult Transitions
- Gaal Crowl - The Best of the West of Ireland
- Tom Ebert - Why the US Will Not Adopt Medicare For All
- Gael Clauson & Patti Warren - Let’s Put Some ART in Your HEART - Tear It Up 4
- Brad Truax, MD - Why Accidents Happen
- Gary Cahn - The Greatest Performances in Figure Skating History, 1968-2024
- Alan Schnur - Does the U.S. Constitution Need a Tune-up?
- Morris J. Kaplan - Spanish Grammar & Conversation, Part 1
- Joseph Ronan - Irish Poetry—The Shadow of W. B. Yeats
- Evan Roberts - Winning in Retirement: How to Manage Market Volatility
- George Angwin - Killer Sudoku: How to Solve Them
- Eli Joseph - Principles of Skills-Based Economics
- Martha Lorden - The Atomic Kitchen: Cold War Cuisine and the Nuclear Family
- Jeannie Lindheim - Loving Animals: Conversations With an Animal Communicator (This
lecture is free; membership required)
The following lectures are open to the public. Unless otherwise indicated, there is a $30 registration fee for each; there is no membership requirement.
- Maryanne Garbowsky - Frida Kahlo: A Life Reflected in Art
- Bob Koester - What—Another Great American Eclipse?
- Tom Martz - Becoming a Novelist in Retirement: The Journey, Trials, and Tribulations of Self Publishing
Winter 2024 Courses Sold Out:
- Vic Henningsen - Portrait of a Mind - Three Letters From Thomas Jefferson
- Susan McCaslin - In the Beginning: The Book of Genesis
- Moby Pearson - Not Your Usual Music Appreciation
- Jonathan Stableford - A Collection of Collections
Jed Williamson - Triumph of the Human Spirit— High Mountains, Vast Oceans, Extreme Cold, Remote Settings