Become a Study Leader
Osher at Dartmouth courses are led by dedicated volunteers who have passion for and knowledge of a subject and want to share that passion with others. Without our dedicated instructors, Osher at Dartmouth would not exist. Please consider offering a course during any of our three terms, either on your favorite subject, or one of the subjects our members have requested, listed here.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa King or call (603) 646-0154.
Benefits of Being a Study Leader
- Access to all Dartmouth College libraries and borrowing privileges
- Receiving a voucher to take a free course with Osher at Dartmouth for leading a course
- Priority in registering for courses each term
- Free training exclusively for Study Leaders various times throughout the year
- Work with a supportive staff that will assist during preparation of your course and throughout the course
- Mentors and seasoned Study Leaders available to assist offer advice
- Curriculum Committee available to assist with designing course descriptions for catalog
- Receive the Educational discount from the Dartmouth College Computer Store when you purchase a new Dell or Mac.
- Special recognition
- Online resources here.
- Teaching and Learning in a Digital World – Virtual Course Design Guidelines for Study Leaders (illustrated document)
- Recorded Trainings
- Past Course Catalogs - browse past term catalogs to get an idea of past subjects.
- PDF Course Proposal Form - use this blank form to review the questions before submitting online
- Study Leader Orientation - watch a presentation with an overview of the expectations leading a course.
Before Beginning Your Course Proposal: Use Microsoft Word (or a similar program) to draft your course title (50 characters or less); course description (1,500 characters or less); brief course description (300 characters or less); and Study Leader biography (500 characters or less). You can then copy and paste your entries directly into this form.
- Course proposals due: May 3, 2022
- Dates for term: August 22 - November 18, 2022
- Course proposals due: September 12, 2022
- Dates for term: January 9 - March 17, 2023
- Course proposals due: December 12, 2022
- Dates for term: April 3 - June 16, 2023
- Course proposals due: May 5, 2023
- Dates for term: August 21 - November 17, 2023