Osher at Dartmouth courses are led by dedicated volunteers who have passion for and knowledge of a subject and want to share that passion with others. Without our dedicated instructors, Osher at Dartmouth would not exist.
Become a Study Leader
Osher at Dartmouth courses are led by dedicated volunteers who have passion for and knowledge of a subject and want to share that passion with others. Without our dedicated instructors, Osher at Dartmouth would not exist. Please consider offering a course during any of our four terms, either on your favorite subject, or one of the subjects listed below.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa King or call (603) 646-0154.
Benefits of Being a Study Leader
- Access to all Dartmouth College libraries and borrowing privileges
- Receiving a voucher to take a free course with Osher at Dartmouth for leading a course
- Free training exclusively for Study Leaders various times throughout the year
- Work with a supportive staff that will assist during preparation of your course and throughout the course
- Mentors and seasoned Study Leaders available to assist offer advice
- Curriculum Committee available to assist with designing course descriptions for catalog
- Special recognition
Current Study Leaders
- Online resources here.
- Teaching and Learning in a Digital World – Virtual Course Design Guidelines for Study Leaders (illustrated document)
- Study Leader Handbook - an overview of all the Osher at Dartmouth procedures and how you, as a Study Leader, can prepare and lead a course.
- Course Ideas - list of subjects members have suggested.
Study Leader Orientation
Before Beginning Your Course Proposal: Use Microsoft Word (or a similar program) to draft your course title (60 characters or less); course description (1,500 characters or less); Valley News entry (300 characters or less); and Study Leader biography (500 characters or less). You can then copy and paste your entries directly into this form.
- April 5, 2021 – June 4, 2021
- Course Proposals due: December 7, 2020
- Maximum of 8 session ( Courses will be offered by Zoom)